Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mad Anthony, Vet's, and an attempted Ithaca GP copier...

Disturbing news from Cyclocross Magazine's report of Beacon 'cross where their amphitheater steps have been mis-labeled as the "Amphitheater of Pain."
Nothing beats the original.  Nothing.
Start of the A's

For those of you that know, you already know...

Full article HERE.

I guess copying from the original is the best form of flattery anyway.


Hanging on...about to pop.


Vet's park on Saturday was overall pretty good.  14th out of 22 starters.  I've raced very well and very poorly at Vet's.  One thing is for sure, that park is probably the hilliest of all the 'cross races we do in Michigan.  Consequently if you pop, it'll be a long day.

I started in the back of the pack with the usual suspects.  No sense in getting too crazy too fast for a 60-minute race.  But by the end of the second lap I managed to track onto Pete's wheel and we rode a two-man time trial for most of the race.  However, with two and a half laps to go, Pete decided it was time to kick it up a notch and I wasn't able to follow.  I figured I'd be able to hang in and grab 13th by keeping Cory Stange at a distance, but a rolled tubular on top of the runup on the last lap dropped me one place to 14th.  Who rolls a tubular while remounting?  Apparently this guy...

Hopefully I won't be limping across the line like last time...
Next up is Iceman.  Weather is looking nice, as it always seems to be when I sign up.  I'll be spending most of the race trying not to cramp, unlike the past two times I've raced it...

No comments: