Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big M

Kristie and I headed up to Manistee today to race at Big M.  Having never ridden there I decided to ride the last downhill and the first mile of the course.  From the gun we went pretty hard but about 1/3 of the way through the first lap a Cycletherapy racer took a dig which was too hard and too early for me to even think about following.  Sure enough though, the three that stuck back with me saw him only once or twice up the trail for the remainder of the race, as he was able to hold the gap.  The downhill required too many risks for me to ride fast, so after the third lap the two I was with managed a bit of a gap.  Throughout the fourth lap I felt like I was moving backwards but managed an ok time still (albeit my slowest).  I rolled into the finish in fourth place, with a time below my 1:40 goal.

Mike Wissink took advantage of Christian Tanguay's untimely flat to win the Elite race.

John Osgood and a bunch of the TSB'ers made the trek out to the dusty, fast couse too.

Thanks to Kristie for taking all of the pics!  I have a bunch of other people in the elite/expert race, so e-mail me and I'll send those to you if you like.

No comments: