Friday, April 03, 2009

Looking forward...


Short and sweet, I'm looking forward to racing!  My Allez with Sram Rival is awesome.  I was a bit hesitant to make the leap but I would highly recommend it to anyone.  Shimano recently came out with a new Ultegra group, which of course I'd like to try out, but for the price, I can't say enough about Sram.  My only issue is with the "openglide" cassettes in combo with muddy, grassy 'cx racing.  They seem to want to shift constantly (which gets annoying).  So I guess I'll keep running Shimano cassettes for 'cx.  The shifters, when placed correctly, fit my hands much better than the "old" 10 speed Shimano shifters did since they made the handle more skinny from the 9 speed versions.  

On the MTB front, not much can be said when I upgraded from a 10-year old bike with a Shimano 2x8 drivetrain to a sweet 29'er with new components and disc brakes.  My first MTB race should be at Pontiac Lake, but it would be nice to get out there sometime between now and
 then.  I'm a HUGE fan of the Milkjug racing though for April and May.  Those are exactly what MTB racing should be...laid back, fun, and you get tons of swag for your cheapo entry fee.  If you haven't tried one yet, get out and do one this spring!

That's all for now folks...see ya when I see ya.

No comments: