Sunday, September 09, 2007

CX Race Update

It is finally upon us...after months of planning, finding sponsors, and just plain working my arse off, the Ithaca Grand Prix of Cyclocross is a week away!

Things are all in order now for the race. Sponsor's products have arrived, the barriers are made, food and drink for the concession stand is waiting consumption. Our pre-registrations have even increased online! I suppose (hope!) when you offer the biggest cyclocross purse in Michigan other than the UCI races, people will come. Not to mention it will be great for racers to experience a new venue.

Let's hope we get some juniors to the race!! (None are pre-registered as of Sunday morning...) If you're reading this and planning on coming, bring a junior! Had the late great Dennis Cotcamp never brought me to the 1997 cyclocross state championships, I may never have known the sweetness that is 'cross. From there we went to nationals and the Chicago Supercup together. Find a spare bike that fits, or just have them ride a mountain bike. Just bring somebody new into the sport!!

Our volunteer staff is set. The official is set. The details are set. All that is left to do is race!

Hope to see you there...

jb

2 comments:

Breezer said...

Thanks JB, racing has been going pretty well, and it makes it more exciting. I know its coming to end when all you guys start talking about cross racing. I might do some here and there for fun, maybe, but usually I'm done racing by this time of year and just like to stay home and relax a bit.

Good luck this cross season. I look forward to reading about your wins and great results this fall/winter. Hope your event runs great and you have a good turnout.

See ya around
breeze on

Shannon said...

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm packing up and heading to Alma for the pre-race spaghetti dinner! Yum! I'm really proud of you for putting together this race, I can't wait to see it all come together!

Love,
Shannon