Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Fort


Kristie and I headed out to Fort Custer for Robert's TT.  It is always nice to have company in the car for the long ride before and after the race.  We managed to do some shopping in Lansing on the way home too.  As for the race, 4th today after an untimely burp of my front tire (and corresponding face full of dirt) within the first ten minutes.  After my flat at Pontiac Lake earlier in the year I now carry a mini pump with me instead of CO2 cartridges for 29" wheels.  Fortunately the tire didn't completely deflate, but I was down to less than 10 psi and the tire felt like jello.  It took me too long to fill the tire but I managed to get it up to a reasonable pressure after a while.  I picked off as many as I could but ran out of trail.  This marked my last mtb warm-up race before 'cross...

1 comment:

chunky dunker said...

Great to see you. You did a good job despite the tire issue. I know how you feel. My first race had several untimely stops. The SS race went better, but slower. See you live again in a few weeks!