Friday, June 20, 2008

Easton Rocks


So my fork broke...not a big break but it was broken. Apparently it was slightly broken from about October of last year until December (state championships). I went on a dirt road ride a few weeks ago and the steerer tube started creaking more than usual, so I took it apart (for the third time) and finally noticed a hairline crack under where the headset/stem clamps on. I called Easton, and after I sent the fork in for inspection, a brand new EC90x showed up at my door! Now that is customer service...

2 comments:

Doug said...

Wow, that is way cool. How much money did that save you (as in if you went and bought another of the same fork)?

Any idea how you broke it, too much pizza :)?

jbhancock said...

Crappy headset locking design on the original build, which was from August through the end of October. I replaced it with a standard compression plug and it solved the problem, but apparently the damage had been done.

Too much pizza...more like too many oreos : )

And the retail for these is somewhere in the $400-500 range, so yeah this was a huge help.