Friday, May 30, 2008

Milk Jug Racing - Cannonsburg

Again if you didn't make it to this race, you missed a fun time. Instead of an individual tt we started as a group, making the push to the first singletrack quite a challenge (my first mass start mtb event since the Iceman...which was 6 years after my last one...).

Let's just say that Cannonsburg has changed radically since I last raced there in 2000. I wouldn't doubt that only about a half mile of course is re-used in the new design. Unfortunately for me, the new course is incredibly twisty through trees, so I did my part in trying to hit a few.

I ended up 6th in the A-race...not bad considering who all was in the field. Nate Versilus crushed everyone on a singlespeed. Mike Seaman and Rick Plite remained slightly out of reach for me over the 16 mile race. Too bad that was the last race of the series. For a combined total entry fee of $30 ($15 per race), I walked away with $20 to the Daily Grill, a huge bottle of Hammer Gel, two pair of sweet DeFeet socks, and a bag full of Clif bars and Hammer gel.

Needless to say it was a fun race; I'm looking forward to racing at Hanson Hills on Sunday!

Man I can't wait for cyclocross...

jb

No comments: